Sunday, October 27, 2013

3 Little Dresses


Yes, blogfans, I am alive.   I have been trying to keep up my reputation as the world's worst blogger.  Have I succeeded?   (don't answer that)

Truth be told, I've been super busy with all kinds of uncrafty, not so interesting things so I haven't had time to devote to this blog.  I have a lot going on in my life right now, but rather than bore you with details I will just plead the fifth for now.  Let's just say I'm contemplating major, life-changing decisions, and I'd rather just talk about food and sewing and stuff instead.

So.  I am taking a trip to Boston this weekend to visit some dear friends.  Two of them just had a bébé (named Jane) and so of course I had to make her a new dress.  The other friends I've known since college and have two beautiful girls now, one of which is Babs, who you may know from such blogposts as this one or this one.  She is all grown up now (well, she's 4) and I've never met her little sister, Holly, who is now 2.

I have to give a big shout out to Rae from Made By Rae who designed this pattern, named Geranium Dress.  It was a "downloadable" which I don't normally like to get because you have to print out the pattern yourself and assemble it and sometimes things get dicey.  This one, however, was really straightforward and easy to put together.  I printed out three different sizes and assembled them so I speak from experience here, people.  The pattern is super simple but still has a lot of nice details.  There are options for the neckline, as you will see.  There are optional skirts (gathered or pleated) and optional sleeve designs.  The larger sizes have side pockets (not shown) which I love.  What's better than a dress with pockets?  NOTHING, I SAY!

Exhibit A:
Babs' dress, size 4T.  Fabric: "Geneva" in Coral by Hoffman Fabrics.
Front 
 Front detail.  Little notch.
Back.
 Back detail. Lilac buttons.

Exhibit B:
Holly's dress, size 2.  Fabric: "Sugar and Spice" in Argyle Blue by Riley Blake.
Front.
 Front detail.  V notch.
 Back.
Back detail.  Red buttons.


Exhibit C:
Baby Jane's dress, size 12 months.   Fabric: "Charleston Farmhouse" in Parchment by Felicity Miller.  BTW, I was kind of obsessed with this fabric and almost didn't give the dress away because I'm a freak and didn't want to part with it.  Is it not to cutest/coolest print ever??
 Front. 

Front detail.  No notch, too small.
Back.
 Back detail.  Coral colored buttons (and I didn't have three buttons that matched, but who cares?).

So that's the story, friends.  It felt really great to be sewing again and even greater to be posting a blog about it.  Until the next one (or the next millennium)...

Byeeeee!

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment