Thursday, March 31, 2011

Birdie

Good morning!
In a previous post I mentioned a quilt I had made for Ruth's baby, Babs.  This was made two years ago before she was born but, hey, better late than never to post it, right? 

The pattern I used was one by Barbara Brandenburg.  You can purchase the pattern on her website here.  It's called: Birdie Big Blocks.
I had to find a bunch of different fabrics for all the birds and their various parts.  It was quite a task picking them all out.  My favorite fabrics came from a collection by Heather Ross called West Hill.  Her stuff is just so cool.
Heather Ross's frog fabric in the front.
From the same collection: tadpoles and froggies in jars!
The retro dots are from Amy Butler.
I have a fabric problem.
So anyway, the quilt was very easy to make because most of it was done by making appliques.  No cutting of a bajillion little squares.  I brought it home with me and my mom helped me finish it and put the binding on.  I ended up just tying it rather than quilting it because a) I'm lazy and b) I didn't want to quilt over the cute birds.
And here it is!
I really like how the pinks and grays stand out on it even though there is a lot of yellow. 
Here are some birdie detail shots.
tweet.
tweet.
tweet tweet!

I hope this quilt stays with her for long time and that she loves it as much as I loved making it.  
Byeeeee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bump into this entry. It has been awhile since you updated your blog. Now I remember helping you with the quilt. It is so cute and unique. I hope the little one likes it. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the return of C & N !!!!

-- d

Shaina said...

This is beautiful, Julie!

Post a Comment