Friday, March 25, 2011

Chili Champion

How is this fair? I'd say I do about 90% of the cooking in our house. I love to cook. I cook for parties. I've even baked a few wedding cakes for friends. One thing I've never done is enter any sort of cooking contest. Oh, I've had my fair share of fantasy Top Chef daydreams but never anything tangible.
Today was the local YMCA's chili cook off. My husband decided to enter with one of the TWO dishes he makes at home: chili. (the other dish is pasta bake btw)
He even made his own apron for the occasion.
He called his recipe: The People's Chili. I told him his communist edge would probably not go down too well with the Y crowd but what the hell do I know?  Turns out he won "best dressed chili chef".
And the most competitive category, "best traditional red".
AND the "golden pepper" award for BEST CHILI OVERALL. 
He did get a bunch of his college co-workers and students to go so it may have been a tad one-sided, but I guess the people have spoken. Chili for the masses!  And one light-up sombrero for him. 

Adioooos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment