Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tooona



¡Hola Los Blogos!

Did you know that Vanna White is an avid knitter?  Oh yeah?  Well aren't you special!
In case you didn't, she happens to be the spokeswoman for Lion Brand Yarns.  She even has her own line. 
Give me a "Y", Pat.
I found this pattern on the Lion Brand website and was quite surprised. I figured Vanna for a chunky scarf, sensible cardi kinda gal.  Who knew she was into amigurumi??  Amigurumi, according to the oh so reliable Wikipedia is, "the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. "  This was a crochet pattern and was pretty quick and easy to make.

Just three fish bodies, three tails and the can.
The can takes the longest which is slightly a drag since it's probably the least interesting part, but it wouldn't be nearly so cute without.

I made this for my cat-in-law, Tycho, who lives in Dutchess County NY, and from what I gather, spends the majority of the day sleeping and occasionally stretching.

I'm told he enjoyed it, but really, these levels of cuteness are really meant for the human recipients, aren't they?

Byeeeee.






0 comments:

Post a Comment